In 2018 we are excited to continue our internship program with the young people of the Pascua Yaqui tribe in the Tucson community. The program strives to develop the complete individual, placing focus on academic, athletic and personal success. It is through our responsible employees and quality mentoring that our program has been most effective and successful.
The Pascua Yaqui Internship Program will be in unison with all games and activities of the basketball leagues. The season lasts about 7 weeks and games take place Friday evenings and Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Interns will attend a 1 hour development workshop and guest speaker on Saturday afternoons, followed by lunch and their assigned work at SPL games.
- Scorer’s Table – statistics record keeping, operation of scoreboard and shot clocks
- Team Managers – consists of 2-3 interns per team and will be responsible for balls, water bottles and towels.
- Equipment Managers – assist in the preparation, distribution and collection of team uniforms.
- Ushers and Hosts – in charge of seats, as well as greeting and helping with team sponsors.
- Concession Assistants – responsible for preparing, organizing and selling snacks to fans and players.
- Media Assistants – responsible for broadcasting video of the games online as well as postgame player interviews.